Please Donate and Support Whats on Your Mind!

Friday, April 24, 2009

Man is fighting $24,000 dollar phone bill, after he lost his phone


A Shuswap, B.C., man is fighting a $24,000 bill after losing his cellphone while on vacation in Peru.
Alex Dobson, 18, told CBC News he didn't mean to bring his phone on an extended backpacking trip through South America with some friends last fall.
"When I went through airport security, I realized my cell phone was still in my pocket," Dobson said on Thursday. "And I thought, well, that's dumb, because I'm never going to use my cell phone, and I just threw it in the bottom of my backpack."
Then halfway through the trip, his backpack was stolen while on a bus in Peru.
"They pulled a fast one on me," he admits, but he didn't think about the phone until he arrived back home in the B.C. Interior in December.
"That's when we saw they had just been adding in these three-month-old charges, and so at that point it was a $13,000 bill," said Dobson. Apparently someone in Peru had been using the phone at $3.49 a minute, and Dobson was getting the bill. more

No comments:

Stars That Died

Today we lost

News flash