Please Donate and Support Whats on Your Mind!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Best Buy, yea right

FYI.....BEST BUY, MY FOOTBest Buy has some bad policies....Normally, I would not share this with others, however, since this couldhappen to you or your friends , I decided to share it. If you purchasesomething from, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, JC Penny, Sears etc. and you returnthe item with the receipt they will give you your money back if you paidcash, or credit your account if paid by plastic.Well, I purchased a GPS for my car, a Tom Tom XL.S from "Best Buy".Theyhave a policy that it must be returned within 14 days for a refund!So after 4 days I returned it in the original box with all the items inthe box, with paper work and cords all wrapped in the plastic. Just as Ireceived it, including the receipt.I explained to the lady at the return desk I did not like the way it couldnotfind store names. The lady at the refund desk said, there is a 15% restockfee, for items returned. I said no one told me that. I said how much wouldthat be. She said it goes by the price of the item. It will be $45.00Dollars for you. I said, all your going to do is walk over and place itback on the shelf then charge me $45.00 of my money for restocking? Shesaid that's the store policy. I said if more people were aware of it theywould not buy anything here! If I bought a $2000.00 computer or TV andreturned it I would be charged $300.00 dollars restock fee? She said yes,15%.I said OK, just give me my money minus the restock fee.She said, since the item is over 200.0 0 dollars, she can¢t give me mymoneyback!!!Corporate has to and they will mail you a check in 7 to ten days.!! I said"WHAT?!"It's my money!! I paid in cash! I want to buy a different brand..Now Ihave to wait 7 to 10 days. She said well, our policy is on the back ofyour receipt.I said, do you read the front or back of your receipt? She said well, thefront! I said so do I, I want to talk to the Manager!.So the manager comes over, I explained everything to him, and he said,well, sir they should of told you about the policy when you got the item.I said, No one, has ever told me about the check refund or restock fee,whenever I bought items from computers to TVs from Best Buy. The onlything they ever discussed was the worthless extended warranty program. Hesaid Well, I can give you corporate phone number.I called corporate. The guy said, well, I'm not supposed to do this but Ican give you a 45.00 dollar gift card and you can use it at Best Buy. Itold him if I bought something and returned it, you would charge me arestock fee on the item and then send me a check for the remaining 3dollars. You can keep your gift card, I'm never shopping in Best Buy everagain, and if I would of been smart, I would of charged the whole thingon my credit card! Then I would of canceled the transaction.I would of gotten all my money back including your stupid fees! He didn'tsay a word!I informed him that I was going to e-mail my friends and give them a headsup on this stores policy, as they don't tell you about all the littlecaveats.So please pass this on. It may save your friends from having a bad experience of shopping at Best Buy.

No comments:

Stars That Died

Today we lost

News flash