Please Donate and Support Whats on Your Mind!

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Enough is enough



I look at the actions of conservative, and even moderate, republicans and it makes me sad. On so many issue they simply attack the person and not the issue. There are groups that taunght pregnant women and in extreme cases bomb clinics killing people. Do you know of any groups on the otherside of the issue taunght women for having a baby and not getting an abortion. Have you ever heard of a clinic being bombed because they perform deliveries of babies? Have you ever heard of someone being beat up because they were not gay?


To liberial you simply are saying that you believe that it is OK for people to have their own moral values. I believe that in some, if not many, cases abortion is immoral. I believe that in almost ever circumstance abortion is not the right answer. But there is no place for me in the pro-life movement because I also believe that just because I feel this way doesn't mean you must as well. In most cases, I do not agree with a woman who choses to have an abortion, however I do not think I have the right to make that choice for her.


I would never engage in a gay relationship, homosexuality seems unnatural to me, however I would never hurt someone for having a different opinion than me, I would not be so arogant as to suggest that some how my opinion means more than someone elses. Having said that you are special and have some information that impells you to tell other people that they are wrong for their beliefs then who am I to say you are wrong for believe that. Your opinion is no more right or wrong than mine. I simply choose to associate with people who think the same way as me. A woman is not wrong if she decide to have an abortion. A person is not wrong because they are gay. They just have a different view than I do and should enjoy the same rights I do.


I am in no way superior to anyone else. I have no special ability to see the truth where others can not. In no way do my spiritual beliefs afford me any special benefit of immortality over anyone elses. I am just a person amoung many other people just like me. All of were born with the same information about our existance or purpose, which is very little, As a matter of fact the only thing any of us truely know, for sure, about our ultimate purpose is the fact that none of us really knows for sure.


So why go through life pretending like you do? It just makes you seem insecure.

No comments:

Stars That Died

Today we lost

News flash