Please Donate and Support Whats on Your Mind!

Friday, December 25, 2009

Invictus, will win an oscar or two

The true story of how Nelson Mandela joined forces with the captain of South Africa's rugby team, Francois Pienaar, to help unite their country. Newly elected President Mandela knows his nation remains racially and economically divided in the wake of apartheid. Believing he can bring his people together through the universal language of sport, Mandela rallies South Africa's underdog rugby team as they make an unlikely run to the 1995 World Cup Championship match.

This movie Invictus was everything I expected and a little more. From the minute I started watching the movie I forgot that I was watching Morgan Freeman and kept thinking Nelson Mandela. The deep and conceptual thinking of Mandela made me respect him even more as the story unfolded. The precision placement of the music made you want to cry one minute and stand up and cheer the next moment. Clint Eastwood has done it again with his vision to see a story and make you feel it, from beginning to end. Matt Damon was equally impresses as the Francois Pienaar.


I maybe going out on a limb, but after what I saw my words should be etched in stone that this movie will win at least 2 Oscars. One should be for best Actor and Best Director, of course I would not be surprised to see it win more! Make some time and see this one you will be glad that you did. 4 stars ****
To see more of whats on your mind click here.

No comments:

Stars That Died

Today we lost

News flash