Please Donate and Support Whats on Your Mind!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Getting paid for tripping over your own son

Well after running across this Stella Awards web site I must admit that I was curious to see more of these outlandish lawsuits and verdicts in the U.S. You know, the kinds of cases that make you scratch your head and wonder what was the jury thinking but better yet what was on the attorney's mind when this lady limped into his office and told her story that amazed the lawyer so much that he said that we can win this case! Please be advise that this was not number one but number 7, damn.

7TH PLACE :

Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas was awarded $80,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The store owners were understandably surprised by the verdict, considering the running toddler was her own son.

Now maybe i am not understanding all of what this case is really bringing to the table. I have a bad ass little kid that is running around the store and I tripped on him and fell, then broke my leg because of my brat! Maybe I missed it does anyone else see anything wrong with this crap? I would have tossed the lawyer and her out of my court room!

Whats next, to sue a company because they did not tell you, you could get excessively drunk if you drinking a fifth of Jack Daniels? I think I smell one coming!
To see more of whats on my mind click here


No comments:

Stars That Died

Today we lost

News flash