Please Donate and Support Whats on Your Mind!

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Why I Went Vegan: Tabitha Brown

 
I jumped the broom, In July 2019, that was the day my life changed forever. I am fortunate because I have never had any health issues. I just knew I could do better if I put forth an effort.  I started in 2018 I gave up eating pork and from there not the next thing I knew I was ready to give up meat altogether. It

was not easy, because I still eat eggs and cheese, but the time that I dedicated my life to the cause has helped me immensely. So, I believe that makes me a vegetarian but here is the great thing, I gave up sodas and ice cream. So tough simply because I love sweets! Now my mission is to show people that they can do it! TOO
  1. Health Benefits of a Vegetarian Diet:

    • Heart Health: Following a vegetarian diet may reduce the risk of heart disease. By avoiding meat, you’re likely consuming less saturated fat and cholesterol.
    • Cancer Risk Reduction: Some studies suggest that vegetarians have a lower risk of certain cancers, such as colorectal cancer.
    • Type 2 Diabetes Prevention: A plant-based diet can help regulate blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
    • Blood Pressure Control: Vegetarian diets are associated with lower blood pressure.
    • Asthma Symptom Improvement: Some individuals find relief from asthma symptoms when following a vegetarian diet.
    • Bone Health: Consuming plant-based foods rich in calcium and vitamin D supports bone health.
  2. Types of Vegetarian Diets:

    • Lacto-Vegetarian: Excludes meat, fish, poultry, and eggs but includes dairy products.
    • Ovo-Vegetarian: Excludes meat, poultry, seafood, and dairy but allows eggs.
    • Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian: Excludes meat, fish, poultry but allows dairy products and eggs.
    • Pescatarian: Excludes meat and poultry but allows fish.
    • Vegan: Excludes all animal products (meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and dairy).
    • Flexitarian: Mostly plant-based but occasionally includes small quantities of meat, dairy, eggs, and fish.
  3. Nutrition Tips for a Healthy Vegetarian Diet:

    • Variety: Include a wide range of plant-based foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and legumes.
    • Limit Processed Foods: Avoid relying too heavily on processed vegetarian foods high in calories, sugar, fat, and salt.
    • Calcium and Vitamin D: Ensure adequate intake through fortified plant-based sources or supplements.
    • Protein: Incorporate legumes, tofu, tempeh, and nuts for protein.
    • Iron and Zinc: Consume iron-rich foods (beans, lentils, spinach) and pair them with vitamin C-rich foods for better absorption.
    • B12: If you’re vegan, consider B12 supplementation or fortified foods.

Remember, your journey is unique, and finding a balance that works for you is essential. Keep enjoying those sweets and continue your mission toward a healthier lifestyle! 

Life as we know it exist only on who we are and what we do...

12 easy vegan recipes to learn more click here.

Vegan diet: dispelling the myths click here to know more.

Garbanzo beans are an essential component of a vegan diet to know more click here.

Vegan diet are healthier to know more click here:


Why I went Vegan to learn more click here.

        A piece of mine goes a long way.


To see more of Whats on your mind click here

No comments:

Stars That Died

Today we lost

News flash