Please Donate and Support Whats on Your Mind!

Monday, February 13, 2023

A parents obligation to take care of their children

 Good morning everyone,

I recently had a discussion with my daughter that got quite heated. The conversation was about the idea of parents being obligated to take care of their children. I expressed my belief that as a single dad, I have dedicated my life to taking care of my children and that my daughter did not fully appreciate this effort. She responded with the notion that it was simply my duty as a parent to do so.

However, I countered that it was not that simple. Being a parent is not just about fulfilling obligations, but about making conscious decisions. As a man, I have the choice to be a part of my children's lives or not. And the same goes for women, who have the right to make decisions about bringing a life into the world.

The only law that enforces what a parent must do in regard to their children is child support. But even this cannot make a parent take care of their child, it can only make them pay for their care. It is important to note that the only thing that truly obligates a mother or father to their children is a conscious choice to do so, not the law.

I made a conscious choice to be there for my children because I did not have a father in my own life and I did not want them to grow up without one either. It is a decision that I will always stand by, as I believe that being a loving and dedicated parent is not just an obligation, but a privilege.

Thank you.

Thank you for listening.


A piece of mines goes a long way.

No comments:

Stars That Died

Today we lost

News flash